Platitudes that should be tossed in 2022
- “Courage starts outside your comfort zone” — maybe, but only if your nervous system can handle the expansion
- “It’s already in you” — theoretically, yes, but that doesn’t mean I can automatically embody it
- “Stay positive” — insisting on positivity when what you really need is to sit with your fears is a recipe for disaster. You will snap or get sick.
- “Good vibes only” — one does not go from “low vibrations” to “high vibrations” with a thought (or dildo, crystal, whatever it is the love and light pixies of Instagram are saying these days)
- “Fake it till you make it” — not sustainable. PERIOD!
- I’m done faking it. I’m done with motivational bros telling me to suck it up and use my willpower, and I am also done with the love and light pixies telling me to sage my vag to manifest my best life.
Over the next 30 days I will be sharing my story, my journey, and how I let go from my extreme perfectionism and self-sabotage. Let’s do this!
This post was created with Typeshare